Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Wikipedia Entry

For one of our activities in the Wiki week we were asked to edit a Wikipedia entry. Not knowing where to start I decided to play it safe and look up my suburb (as it is still a fairly new estate). So I looked up Roxburgh Park and was pleased to see there was enough missing for me to make a (somewhat) valuable contribution to the page as the page is still classified as a 'Start-Class'. Check out the wikipage here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxburgh_Park,_Victoria.

So it's been over a week and no changes have been made to my edit. There are two obvious reasons for this:
  1. no body has alerts set up on the page to review changes quickly and therefor no one has noticed my edits
  2. my additions have been seen and deemed worthy enough to appear on the page, but either because I am not a registered user or other reasons, no comments have been made on my changes

I suppose I will check on the page and my edits from time to time to see if anything else changes (either to the page overall or to my contributions) and add comments on this post in the event anything does happen.

1 comment:

  1. Finally my entry in Wikipedia has been edited and funnily enough it wasn't my edits that were deleted. Needless to say I am delighted that my contributions still stand.

    ReplyDelete