Tuesday, March 23, 2010

... and what is the World Wide Web

Eeeek, I feel like I'm falling behind not having posted a learning reflection for last weeks lecture. I guess there wasn't much to post really. Not that they are new learnings but the most important things I guess I will note here about the WWW are:
  • it is known as the Internets public face
  • its 'tools' are hypertext, web server, html and a web browser
  • URLs makes it easier to remember a pages address and is linked to the IP address of that content
And finally, it was interesting checking out the way back machine. I didn't check out much other than the sites we were asked to look at but I did also enjoy going through their histories from the their first page until the 2000's and it brought back some memories of when it all began. And scarily enough there are still quite a number of those amateur sites out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment